- Sep 16-17: Conference – Sports Matters, Marina Bay Sands Singapore, Singapore
- Oct 8-11: Golf (m) – The Presidents Cup, Jack Nicklaus GC Korea, Songdo IBD, Incheon, South Korea
- Oct 25-Nov 1: Tennis (w) – BNP Paribas WTA Finals, Singapore Sports Hub, Singapore
- Nov 5-8: Golf (m) – WGC-HSBC Champions, Sheshan Int’l GC, Shanghai, China
- Nov 7-8: Rugby Sevens (m/w) – Asia Qualifiers for 2016 Olympics, Hong Kong Stadium
- Nov 7 & 21: Football (m) – AFC Champions League final, two legs
- Dec 2-20: Tennis (m/w) – Coca-Cola IPTL, Japan / Philippines / Singapore / India / UAE
Rugby: HSBC Sevens World Series to stream live on irbsevens.com
- Updated: October 10, 2013
October 10, 2013: The HSBC Sevens World Series will be streamed live online for the first time this coming season, with all nine rounds of the 2013/14 Series showing on the official website, www.irbsevens.com, the IRB (International Rugby Board) has announced.
The season – and live streaming – will start with this weekend’s Gold Coast Sevens in Australia. The development follows the success of the live streaming from this year’s Rugby World Cup Sevens in Moscow, which was viewed by over 260,000 unique users over the three days.
Geo-blocking may apply in territories where broadcast agreements are in place. However, the live streaming means that the action will be accessible to rugby fans in every country in the world, allowing them to both watch and engage with the Series via integrated social media.
Avan Lee, the IRB’s General Manager for Rugby Sevens, said: “This is an exciting development for sports fans and a giant leap forward in helping to satisfy the strong global demand for rugby sevens, which continues to engage new fans around the world.
“Since rugby sevens joined the Olympic programme, the game has benefited from record broadcast exposure on television, and this new step into the world of live online viewership significantly enhances our offering.
“Millions of people already watch the Series on television around the world and will continue to, but this online platform now gives existing and new fans the chance to see every pass, tackle and try from our showcase Series.”
Bernard Lapasset, Chairman of the IRB, added: “With three years until our return to the Olympic stage in Rio, we want more than ever to make rugby accessible to people everywhere, so it is with immense pride that we can now make our premium sevens product viewable in every corner of the world. That is the universality we are striving for as we build towards 2016 and beyond.”
Giles Morgan, Global Head of Sponsorship and Events, HSBC Holdings plc, said: “We are delighted that, through this innovation, the HSBC Sevens World Series will be opened up and made accessible to a much larger, global audience. Rugby sevens is growing at a phenomenal rate around the world and this exciting new online platform will enable even more fans to engage with the sport.”